Saturday, March 1, 2014

Everyone knew it.  And if you showed up to my house unaware...you knew before you left.  It was my deal really; inherited from my family.  Something I took pride in, something I enjoyed being known for.

You never left my house hungry.  If you did...it's on you.  Because we always had food, and I made sure there was a substantial amount of it.  I encouraged you to go back and get more too.  A family tradition really.  It's how we did things.  We were notorious for making enough food for an army and then encouraging everyone to eat it all.  If someone were ever to say they'd been "Mucci'd" it would definitely involved the pain the felt in their stomach after they ate everything that had been served them at our house.  To be Mucci'd would be defined as leaving Nick's house and feeling as if rolling to your car was actually a possibility.

And then this past week...being "Mucci'd" took on a new meaning.  Throughout this journey towards a healthy life I've had the opportunity to share my story with friends; to answer questions about how I'm working out, what I'm eating.  I've been able to share about Advocare and how it has been instrumental in helping me change the way I view food and health.  The whole gamut.  It's crazy and exciting.  I worked out with a great friend this week, we did a workout that is similar to thing I had done before; it had come straight out of a magazine.  Our first work-out was Monday and the next night as he slowly entered his leadership team meeting at church, he was greeted with smiles and referencing his wearied legs was asked, "You've been Mucci'd, huh?"  He shared the story with me and I laughed it off.  And then after the end our our workout that phrase showed up on his Facebook page again from his own typing.

Mandy and I talked today after I had gotten home from the gym and the way she looked at me and told me how happy she was that to be "Mucci'd" involved getting healthy...let's just say, there is nothing that can encourage, strengthen and lift me up than to hear that from my wife.

I'm reading, I'm trying to learn the best way to get healthy by eating right and exercising in ways that can give me the best results for being healthy.  I'm thankful for the chance to do it alongside my bride, and now in the gym with a great brother.  If you are wanting to get healthy, if you want to join two guys, who aren't experts, but are going to work their tails off to be in shape.  Then join us.  Monday's @ 1, and Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:45 at West Coast Fitness.  Don't know if you'll say you were "Mucci'd"...but you'll have fun and get healthier in the process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!