Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The New Year is upon us.  And if this is news to you, then you probably aren't on facebook, twitter or a part of first world society...which means, you probably aren't reading this...so....

...this is awkward...

anyway, i'm stoked for another year and for more improvements in my health and wellness. I'm ready to try out some different work-outs as well as make some other changes in my diet. But the thing I am most excited about are the three races I'm definitely doing this year.

May 31st - Rugged Maniac (5K) at the Portland International Raceway


Aug 2nd - Spartan Race (5K) in Washougal, WA



TBD - Spartan Race (10K) in Seattle, WA

Here is my challenge to you...join me.  What have you got to lose?

You'll probably lose a lil lbs, but you will gain your health and enormous amount of satisfaction, strength, and encouragement.  You'll find you can do more than you had ever expected.  Finishing last year's Spartan Race was definitely a milestone for me...I knew I wanted to do it, but the idea of doing anything for 3.5 miles received more of an eye-roll as I eased back into the couch rather than being fired up to do another!!  And this year, I'm doing one of the longer ones!  So, let's get going.  If you can't do one of these races with me, then find a race, something, anything...that you think might be just a bit out of your range, and sign up. 

 Clearly, don't try and do a marathon if you've never done a half or even a 5K.  Don't do one of the longer obstacle races if you haven't conquered a short one.  

So pick one, tell me what it is, and then let's get it.  You'll never succeed if you never take the shot.


___________________________

Now, if the first thing you want to do is to just get healthy, then start with what I did...hit up this 24-Day Challenge.  From now until Jan. 21, the challenge is on sale for $175.  The stuff works!  You know my story, but one of my closest buddies drop almost 30 lbs on the challenge!  Mandy dropped 2 pant sizes.  It was the motivation I needed in the beginning to make a lifestyle change.  So, spend the money on yourself, your health is worth it!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!