Monday, July 22, 2013

In less than two weeks I'll participate in the Spartan Race...and I'll know at the finish line.  At least,
that's what they tell me.  I'm excited!  Instead of hitting 24 hour fitness this morning I went off to Forest Park and cranked out 4 miles on one of the trails...I timed my 3rd mile and it came in at 9:45. That's encouraging to me...of course, there were no fires to jump over or barbed wire to crawl under or obstacles to scale...but still!  i'm looking forward to the challenge and i'm thankful that I'll get to do it with some people as well.  I'm sure I'll need every ounce of encouragement possible! 

Diet and Exercise remain keys to me in getting healthy...it's even rubbing off on my kids.  When we mentioned to one of the boys that we'd have to skip a BBQ on our way home and that we'd run thru drive thru to get some food, maybe McDonalds...Eli responds with, "Ah, but Mom, McDonalds is sooooo unhealthy!"  Right you are my boy!  So we went to the Northwest's own Burgerville, natural ingredients and local salad options.  My favorite snack continues to be an avocado and granola, and I definitely don't like not getting in my work outs.  All in all, it's clear that I'm getting healthier.  My body feels better...it apparently is looking better as 5 people stopped me at church yesterday to make a comment/ask questions...so yeah, it's coming along nicely.

Weight Update: I'm sitting at 221, 9 lbs away from what I weighed when we got hitched.  I'm close to not worrying about the weight and more on the shape of my body as I've already started hitting the weights hard to mix up the work outs a bit.  Anyway, will post my original starting picture and more at the end of August...looking forward to what things will look like then!!! 

Blessings to each of you and get at it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!