Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Not going to be a long one...just a fun one.  I've been focusing lately on doing workouts and eating foods that help to cut fat, the internal fat that I've stored up for 32 years.  This is going to take some time...but I've been doing my best to stay on that focus.  I recently asked for help in eliminating all the extra insulation I've built up over those elusive abs that I'm told are really there...here is what my friend SJ McShane said: abs are built in the gym, repaired in sleep and revealed in the kitchen.  She also suggested I change some of my workout regimen to include some HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workouts.  So I've been at it...and guess how I knew it was working...

I'm not ashamed to admit that my love language is physical touch...I love hugging, cuddling with my wife.  I don't even care what we are watching on tv (Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, who cares?!) I'm cuddling with the greatest woman alive!  And then one night as we sat on the couch, she kept fidgeting.  Her head was on my shoulder and she kept shifting...and that's when she said something I thought I'd NEVER hear from her mouth.

"I think I found a downside to your working so hard at getting healthy."

"What's that?" I asked.

"Your shoulder isn't comfortable, it's not soft anymore."

I told her I was sorry, because you know, I love cuddling, so a part of me was sad...but inside I was like this:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!